THIS GUIDED TOUR IS AVAILABLE ONLY IN ITALIAN
A journey to discover two guardian places of the ancient mosaic art, of which Ravenna is the capital: TAMO Museum and Domus dei Tappeti di Pietra.
At the TAMO Museum it will be possible to admire important mosaic finds of late antiquity, such as the floor decorations of the Church of San Severo, and more recent productions, such as the works on Dante’s subject exhibited in the dedicated section. We will take you inside the Domus dei Tappeti di Pietra (Domus of the stones carpets), an ancient late Roman dwelling, discovered randomly in 1993. This is an opportunity to appreciate and learn about two excellences, an example of conservation of private floor decorations typical of the period.
- – TAMO Museum
- – Domus dei Tappeti di Pietra (Domus of the Stones Carpet)
Saturday & Sunday at 2:45 p.m. + Monday at 9:45 a.m.
Tourist Information Office – Piazza San Francesco, 7 – Ravenna
(We kindly ask you to arrive at least 10 minutes before the tour’s departure time)
2 hours and a half
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Expert local guide
- – Tickets to enter at the monuments included into this tour – Whisper radio guide with headphone jack
– The tour will be confirmed only with a minimum number of participants
– The tour will be confirmed upon availability of the monuments’ tickets
– The tour needs to be booked online, or at one of our tourist offices by paying on site
PARTICIPATION COSTS PER PERSON: FROM € 20
The proposed activities are marketed through Ravenna Incoming Convention & Visitors Bureau – Travel Agency and T.O.