Discover the Basilica of Sant’Apollinare in Classe, defined as one of the greatest examples of an early Christian basilica and recognized by Unesco as a World Heritage Site.
Despite the spoliation suffered over the centuries, the church still preserves the beauty of the original structure and it is admired for the splendid polychrome mosaics of its apsidal basin and the ancient marble sarcophagi of the archbishops located along the side aisles. Furthermore, our tour will lead you to discover the Classis Museum, the last born among the city’s monuments and which has become the cultural point of reference for anyone who wants to fully understand the history of Ravenna.
- – English tour: every Sunday at 4:15 p.m.
- – Italian tour: every Sunday at 4:30 p.m.
Classis Museum’s Ticket Office – Via Classense, 29 – Classe (Ravenna)
(We kindly ask you to arrive at least 10 minutes before the tour’s departure time)
1 hour and a half
English & Italian
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- – Expert local guide
- – Inclusive Ticket of the Diocesi of Ravenna, to enter the monuments included into this tour
- – Whisper radio guide with headphone jack
- – Due to the Covid-19 limited entrances, the order of the visit to the monuments may vary
- – The tour will be confirmed only with a minimum number of participants
- – The tour will be confirmed upon availability of the monuments’ tickets
- – The tour needs to be booked online, or at one of our tourist offices by paying on site
PARTICIPATION COSTS PER PERSON: FROM € 16 : FROM € 16
The proposed activities are marketed through Ravenna Incoming Convention & Visitors Bureau – Travel Agency and T.O.